Our Content Management Systems (CMS) are simple, intuitive interfaces that make it easy for people who are not knowledgeable about web technology to keep their sites updated. Our CMS are designed to enable clients to easily and quickly add new content or press releases whenever required.
In recent years certain guidelines and regulations regarding accessibility and the Irish language have required the public sector to develop websites that comply with these guidelines and regulations. In response to this, FUSIO have developed a unique CMS specifically for Irish public service bodies.
FUSIO CMS uses MS SQL Server databases at the back-end and features can include:
- Administration System: Since the system is web-based, all updates are done via a web browser, so no proprietary software needs to be installed or supported on computers.
- Standards Compliance: The code produced by the CMS is standards compliant XHTML code and will comply with the WCAG 1.0 checkpoints. Using our CMS will enable you to ensure that your site meets the guidelines and conforms to the required standards.
- Multi-lingual Publication: System supports browsing in Irish and English. Documents can be published for users in English, Irish or either language.
- WYSIWYG: Fully feature editor to easily create/format documents.
- Metatags: Automatically created for each document.
- Categorisation: Documents fully controllable and the ability to add and edit items in the site's navigation.
- Multiple Document Formats: The system can be used to publish PDF, PowerPoint, Word Docs or any other file format required.
- Print Friendly: Versions of all files automatically created.
- Site Map / A-Z: Dynamically updated.
- Restricted Areas: Option to have areas of the site that are only accessible for usernames and passwords that are administered using the CMS.
- Security: The administration area will be secured using username/password, IP address restriction and, optionally, SSL encryption.
- Multiple Users: Site administrator can setup as many ‘site editors’ as are required.
- Breadcrumbs: Automatically creates a ‘Breadcrumb’ so the user always knows where they are in the site.
- Search Engine Friendly: Automatically created URLs for every page, i.e. www.nationalgallery.ie/docs/who-we-are.htm instead of www.nationalgallery.ie/display.asp?ID=369. This assists in getting better rankings in many search engines.
- Keyword Search Engine: That indexes HTML, PDF and Word documents, can order results by date, file size or relevancy. Allows phrase search and Boolean operators. Auto indexes the site every night.
- Statistics: Built in basic statistics information which gives data on the most popular documents, the most popular web browsers as well as showing any bad links that users came across. Full web visitor statistics are available separately to the CMS system.
- Ease of Use: Any user familiar with MS Office type applications will have no problems using the system, however we do provide training.
NOTE: In addition to this list, FUSIO are able to add new features to the product should clients require them. As the product is developed entirely in-house, we are not reliant on any external developers.