The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform required a new portal to support the implementation of the “Our Public Service 2020 framework”. FUSIO planned, designed and built a cloud based website targeted at public servants across the State on the WordPress Content Management System.
The project included the following elements:
- Scalability: The system was designed and built to be expandable in the level of content, the number of different action areas and the amount of traffic it can handle.
- News / Events: Custom post types for news and events within the Content Management System with an archive function and the option to embed media content such as video, audio and images..
- Social Media Integration: Option to integrate the Department’s social media channels into the site.
- Compatibility & Accessibility: A site that is fully cross-browser, cross-platform compatible and responsive across all device types and screen sizes. Compliance with accessibility standards to provide ease of access for those with hearing, visual and other impairments.
- Password Protected Area: Option to restrict certain areas of the site to specific groups of users with full control over the access restrictions.
- Administration Area: A CMS that provides administrators with full control over the content of the site with the option to assign different privileges to users to give them the ability to manage only the content that they are responsible for.
- Content Management System: The site was built on the WordPress Content Management System.
- Training: WordPress CMS training along with full documentation